Friday, October 05, 2012

Newsletter: Carol Channing called me darling and my new TV show is airing this month!

Kerri Pomarolli & Ron McGeheeOctober 2012
Kerri Pomarolli & Ron McGehee
Hey guys!
So the California Women's Conference was awesome. At the last minute Ron and I were asked to be the MCs. I got to meet the legendary Tippi Hedren, and Jo Anne Worley and see Ann Marie from the Dick Van Dyke Show. My good friend Nancy Stafford came to support me--you remember her as the hot chick on Matlock. It was a great experience and Carol Channing was so kind and charming at age 92.





I had a dance off with a 13 year old girl and I pulled out some Michael Jackson moves. You can see it here and I obviously won!
 
"Dance Off" at the California Women's Conference
   
This month my newest magazine cover came out! See the pic below with the link. You can subscribe or read it online for free.

 
 
Between Ron and me, this month we're off to Pennsylvania and Nashville, Michigan and Ohio. In November I'll be hitting balmy Toronto for some warm weather to co-host my favorite radio show with my bud Drew Marshall.
I had an interesting meeting with one of Hollywood's top publicists, if not the biggest. He was very kind and offered to sign me right away as his client. He only wanted one thing, for me to give up being a public Christian. He said there was no way to me to be a celebrity and an openly Christian woman. We spent an hour talking and I thanked him. It was another moment for me when I had to decide what is more important, being famous in this town or doing what God has called me to do. When He gave me my ministry of stand up comedy, He said: "Kerri, I'm going to use you because you have a big mouth and a nutty family!" And plus Ron said to tell him we have Steven Baldwin and Gary Busey! :) So I'll just keep doing my thing, praying for God to be my manager, and we'll see what new adventures are in store.

   
Things have been really busy and crazy fun. My new TV show for Nick at Night should be airing soon--"Mom's Night Out"--so stay tuned for details. Thank you for praying for Ron and me. We would continue to ask that you pray for our family as God opens more doors here in Hollywood. That is our heart's desire to continue working here in film and TV and make an impact. We have busy travel schedules coming up and we'd love prayer for energy, great health and divine appointments. Speaking of which, Lucy and I have an audition for a tennis shoe commercial tomorrow. Lucy's been honing her stage skills at Sun school. Last week she said, "Mom, I was one of the Israelites in the play today. Some other kid was Moses...He was older but I shook my fist at him really good cause that's what the Israelites did to Moses." I said, "Do you like being on stage Lucy?" She said, "MOM! I'm a comedian--of course I like being on stage!" So that about sums it up!
Ta Ta for Now!
Kerri, Ron, Ruby and Lucy 
Featured Event: 
TLC: Tacos, Laughs & Chocolate!
October 26 @ Grace Church
in North Country, CA 

    
 

First ticket is $10 & each additional ticket is $5
Free Childcare (registration required)
Kerri Pomarolli & Ron McGehee
217 Palos Verdes Blvd 
Redondo Beach, California 90277
310-933-1614
booking@kerripom.com 


Like me on Facebook     Follow me on Twitter     

View my videos on YouTube     Visit my blog

No comments: