Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Who Knew It Could Be Done? Thanks Fresh and Easy

Who Knew It Could Be Done?

As I started to think of planning my 3 year old's Princess Ariel Birthday party, the stress was overwhelming. First of all I'm giving birth to her sister in 8 days, second of all I don't know how to throw parties like the other moms that are cute and fun with gift bags and great snacks and foods.
All I could think of was"gummy bears shaped like fish, and cake!"
Then my friend told me about Fresh and Easy and their new kid and parent friendly food line. Now I have to confess, I've been in a Fresh and Easy store and my first thought was" I can't afford it!" The stores just seem to have a very upscale vibe to them and I'm a frugal mama.
But I was so shocked to see the prices and the sizes of quality food we were able to get! WOW!They made me a believer right away.
Who knew I would be able to throw a healthy,yummy party with people literally asking me if they could "take snack foods" home in their goodie bags.
We had kids from 2-14 on up to adults. We fed about 30 people with amazing treats from the new line.
My favorite moment was when my daughter Lucy took one bite of her favorite take out pizza and then threw it down and went back for the Fresh and Easy Chocolate Cereal snacks. I thought it was brilliant to put the healthy chocolate puffs cereal out instead of candy and watch all the kids just devour it.
We had cheese and salami platters that tasted gourmet and didn't break the budget. We had fruit trays and hummus dips that everyone couldn't get enough of. Some of the crowd favorites were the smoked Gouda Cheese wedges that usually cost double at another chain store. They loved the juices and if it the label didn't insist it had actual veggies in it, I wouldn't have believed it.
The packaging is clean and simple and kid friendly. The chips are healthier and better than other national brands. My mom friends were all in the same boat I was. When they found out Fresh and Easy was affordable, they literally said"I'm going tommorrow!"
Now the only problem we have is....how do we get a Fresh and Easy right in our neighborhood please?
Who knew a mom like me who had been trying to be healthy for her kids could find a place to make it so easy!
Thank you from the bottom of my tummy!
Kerri Pomarolli
Mom-Comedian-
www.kerripom.com

www.kerripom.com
www.funnyron.com

No comments: